Chorizo-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
You won’t believe how quick and easy these tasty stuffed peppers come together. You can have this delicious, low-carb entrée on the table in just over half an hour without much fuss, because the spicy Chorizo sausage delivers a ton of flavour without adding a lot of other seasonings. As an added bonus, these peppers freeze extremely well, so you can easily double or triple this recipe for even faster weeknight meals later.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
2 c. sugar-free tomato sauce,* divided
4 large Poblano peppers
1½ lbs. bulk Chorizo sausage
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. goat cheese, softened
½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Optional: Additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, for serving.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F and spread tomato sauce across bottom of 9×13” glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut Poblano peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact on one side. Remove seeds and set aside.
- Brown Chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from pan.
- Add cream cheese, goat cheese, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to skillet and stir until cheese is melted and sausage is thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Carefully spoon sausage mixture into empty Poblano pepper halves and arrange in prepared glass baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place baking dish in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and peppers are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.